Saturday, September 15, 2012

Watching the Notre Dame game right now...

...and of course I am disappointed. Were we all just whistling in the graveyard with this MSU offense? The offensive line has been owned, Maxwell has no touch on his passes, and MSU has nobody who seems to be able to consistently catch a pass besides Dion Sims.

Then again, this could end up being the best defense the Spartans have faced all year. I am very impressed with the Irish's front seven. Still, I can't help but think that Cousins, Martin, Cunningham, and company would have been able to muster more than 3 points.

(By the way, I've turned the volume down on Musburger and Herbie. I can't take them anymore).

Well, Maxwell just threw a long incompletion and that's all she wrote for the Spartans. Kelly doing the classy thing and taking it on a knee. I tell ya, if ND doesn't just crush Michigan next Saturday, I will not be happy. Notre Dame's defense looks very good.

This Spartan team looks like some of George Perles' teams that had really good defenses but offenses that couldn't get out of their own way. I'm thinking of the 1988 team, in particular for some reason. Seems to me the offense that year started off very slow (and the team had that 0-4-1 start) but improved in the second half of the season. Someone tell me if I'm remembering this wrong.

It's all over. Notre Dame ran out the clock and won 20-3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment