Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Duke post mortem



Just a quick note about last night's game:

The rat got his cheese last night, and took it away from our Spartans.  Coach K is now the all-time winningest coach in college basketball history.  (Okay, I don't really think Mike Krzyzewski is a rat--I have grudging respect for him-- but do think this photo is hilarious.  I am not a Duke fan and view them as the New York Yankees of college hoops--the team you love to hate).

The Spartans played quite well in the first half, and were only down by one at the intermission.  Unfortunately, the team's youth showed through in the second half and they struggled mightily until making a run late in the game.  I love what I saw from Travis Trice, and was encouraged with the way Keith Appling almost single-handedly got MSU back in the game in the last six minutes.  Was not thrilled by Derrick Nix's brutal game.

In any case, since I didn't expect MSU to win the game, I was able to (for the most part) calmly watch the game without getting too emotional.

This team is still raw, but they should continue to improve and may still surprise some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment