Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sweet Sixteen

I'm coming at you from my smartphone, so I apologize in advance for any typos.

Since I last wrote in this blog, the MSU men's basketball team rolled past Delaware and survived a bit of a scare from feisty Harvard. Now, it's a showdown with #1 seed Virginia tomorrow night.

I have a feeling this game against Virginia will not be a thing of beauty. With Tony Bennett's hard nosed defensive approach, almost identical to his father Dick Bennett's Wisconsin teams, this game may be similar to the 2000 Final Four game between Michigan State and the Badgers. In a game that more closely resembled a wrestling match, the Spartans won 53-41.

A close game with Virginia should be good for MSU, as big leads don't seem to suit them well. Their minds tend to wander, as they did in the second half against Harvard. A game against a team like Virginia will force the Spartans to be diligent for a full 40 minutes, and I hope will bode well for a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment