Sunday, March 30, 2014

Elite Eight (and beyond)

Earlier in this blog, I know I criticized Bo Ryan. I can't remember the specific posts, but it's easy enough to find them.
 
I'm going on the record right now to say I've changed my tune, and I'm truly happy that he and his Wisconsin Badgers team have earned a spot in the Final Four. Bo Ryan is undeniably a great coach who seems considerably more humble now than he was when he first arrived in Madison. He has paid and his dues and deserves to finally win the big one.
 
MSU beat Virginia last night in a bare knuckled fistfight of a game. It wasn't always pretty to watch--who's kidding who, it was downright ugly--but the Spartans made big plays down the stretch and closed out the game in a fashion that tested the heart health of anyone watching.
 
The worst part of the 10:15 start time was that I knew, no matter the outcome, I'd be so wired after the game that I wouldn't be able to sleep until at least 2 AM, and that's precisely what happened. Adrenaline-induced insomnia set in and I found it impossible to calm down. At least it was a Friday night.
 
MSU takes on UConn for a spot in the Final Four. Quite frankly, MSU has been through too much to lose this game. Now, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because UConn has been playing well and Shabazz Napier is a hell of a player, but I just don't see the Huskies beating the Spartans.

No comments:

Post a Comment