Saturday, December 15, 2012

Catching up before I fall asleep

It's extremely early on a Saturday morning and I really should go to bed. However, the house is quiet and I'm getting to do what I rarely have a chance to do when I'm at home: get on a computer and write.

On a day when there has been a tragic mass shooting in the United States, it hardly seems appropriate to talk about sports, but I finished writing about that (and the political kookiness in Michigan) on my other blog, brainsplotch. (Shameless plug)

The MSU alumni basketball game was tonight, but I didn't go. I saw on the MSU Spartans athletic site that the "home" team, led by the Flintstones, defeated the "away" team, which had Steve Smith on its roster. The score was 125-119. (Clearly not much defense played in the game, but that's not very surprising).

I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow's (or should I say "today's") game against Tuskegee at Jenison Fieldhouse. I won't be there in person, but I plan on watching the game on ESPNU. It'll be fun to see Jenison on television again.

I feel at this point that I'm too tired and uninspired to continue with this post, so I'm gonna sign off for now. I will try and get back on here and write about some of the recent events in the Big Ten, college sports, and the Spartans.

No comments:

Post a Comment