Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last post of 2015 (Go Green, Beat Bama edition)

We're about two hours (and change) away from kickoff.

I've gone through my checklist of superstitious pre-game rituals. Yesterday, I walked by the building on North Washington in Lansing that I have arbitrarily bestowed magical properties. I have worked off some nervous energy by running for 5+ kilometers in my neighborhood (while listening to The Drive with Jack Ebling on my headphones). I am wearing my lucky "Gruff Sparty" hoodie (I've worn it during many Michigan State victories).

So I feel I've done my part.

Looking back on this season, and the rocky road it's been with the numerous injuries and the "skin of their teeth" wins--plus the heartbreaking loss to Nebraska that almost sent me over the edge--it's amazing that the Spartans are in this position.

As much as I'd love for MSU to beat Alabama and Nick Saban, all I really ask is that the Spartans give Alabama a game: make it a four quarter game, punch the Tide in the mouth several times, and make them EARN a win (if the Tide indeed win).

Above all, I want to appreciate this moment, win or lose. I know I've said it before, but I never thought I'd live to see Michigan State become a serious contender for a national football championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment