Friday, November 13, 2015

Headed out to Breslin tonight

I'm heading over to Breslin tonight to see the Spartan basketball team for the first time this season, and I'm looking forward to checking out what should be an exciting team--and I'm finally getting excited about basketball season. Players on the 2015-16 MSU team who particularly intrigue me are as follows: Bryn Forbes (who has reportedly rebuilt his body--much bigger and more muscular--and worked on his defense), Denzel Valentine (it's HIS team now), Dayonta Davis (sounds like a tremendous athlete), Matt McQuaid (I hear he can shoot the lights out), Eron Harris (another great scorer), TumTum Nairn (one of my favorite current players), and Matt Costello (I think he's poised for a breakout season). I may be forgetting some players, but those are the ones to come to mind off the top of my head.

After the Nebraska football mishap, I have avoided most talk about college football and a lot of sports talk radio (with the exception of Jack Ebling's 3-6 PM radio show on WQTX). I think I've finally recovered from the disappointment and am hoping that the Spartans can bounce back tomorrow against Maryland. This is just the type of opponent that MSU could and should be able to exert its will and push around. However, I've been waiting for that to happen all season and it has yet to transpire, so like most of MSU's games this year, it'll probably be a death struggle until the fourth quarter.

Well, it's 5:48 PM and I need to get ready to head out the door. I'll wrap up this brief post and try to get back on here after the game and recap what I saw at the Brez.

No comments:

Post a Comment