Thursday, January 1, 2015

I can't believe what I just saw

I'm almost speechless...I can't believe what I just saw. I realize I'm stealing that line from Jack Buck's call of former Spartan Kirk Gibson's walk off homer in game one of the '88 World Series, but it keep going in my head and seems apropos.
 
I can't believe what I just saw.
 
MSU, seemingly unable to stop Baylor's high-charged, sling-it-all-over-the-field offense, improbably and amazingly scored 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to complete the most amazing Spartan football comeback win I've ever witnessed.
 
(Yes, I know about the 2006 Northwestern comeback, but that doesn't belong in the discussion with this game against a national top five team playing in its own Texas backyard).
 
My hands have finally stopped shaking. My heart has stopped pounding at about 120 beats a minute. It will still take hours for my adrenaline to reach normal levels and for me to process this amazing 42-41 MSU win over Baylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment