Sunday, February 9, 2014

Wisconsin thoughts


We're moments away from tip-off of the Wisconsin basketball game at the Kohl Center in Madison and Keith Appling is out of the lineup. Will this team ever be at full strength?
 
Even without Appling, the Spartans are a better and more talented team than the Badgers. That doesn't necessarily translate into a victory, particularly on the road against a potentially desperate team.
 
Okay, the game has tipped off. Go Green!
---
We're at the first media timeout and the score is deadlocked at 14.
 
I don't know that I've mentioned how much I like Alvin Ellis III. He's developing into a very good player.
---
Badgers up 25-22 and the Spartans can't hit the broad side of a barn.
---
Wisconsin 60, Spartans 58
 
Well, that was not the desired result. I'm sitting here nursing a Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale and contemplating the game and typing this entry from my phone, since I don't have a computer nearby.
 
Considering how poorly the Spartans shot the ball, and the bummer of no Appling, it's astounding that MSU only lost by two points.
 
I still remain convinced that if this team ever gets fully healthy, they are national title contenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment