Saturday, October 20, 2012

Halftime: Michigan 6, Michigan State 0

After much deliberation, I decided to bite the bullet, take my medicine, and watch the game in real time.  So far, unfortunately, it is playing out about the way I thought.

MSU's defense has done about as well as could be imagined containing Denard. The problem is, the Spartans just can't get anything going on offense. That pretty much sums of the season.

The missed field goal by Conroy hurt. For whatever reason, he is not having the seasons he had in 2010 and 2011, but I suppose the same could be said about other players on MSU's team.

If MSU can get anything going on offense in the second half, they have a shot. I'm worried that if the offense continues to struggle, the defense will get tired and we could be looking at Michigan taking advantage of a fatigued defense and scoring some cheap touchdown(s) late in the game.

Well, I am trying to remain positive. It certainly doesn't help that MSU's offensive line continues to suffer casualties. The Red Cedar Message Board reports that Dan France is out with a concussion. (Yes, I know that message boards can't always be trusted with correct information). Pretty soon, Dantonio will be having open tryouts for the O-line!

Catch you after the game, and GO STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment