Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ohio State

Quite unexpectedly, I have become the beneficiary of a ticket to today's Ohio State game. Many thanks to my sister-in-law and her husband for thinking of me when this ticket became available, and for my mother-in-law agreeing to watch my sons. (My wife is, as I write this, en route to San Antonio for a business conference).

For the record, this will be the third time I will have seen the Ohio State football team in person at Spartan Stadium. The first time was 1988, when George Perles' Spartans beat the Buckeyes 20-10 in John Cooper's first year as head coach. The second time came in 2004, as I witnessed Ted Ginn, Jr. go crazy and almost single-handedly beat the Spartans 32-19. (Ginn had a 17-yard touchdown run, a 60-yard punt return for a touchdown, and topped off his day with a 58-yard touchdown reception). Amazingly, the Spartans overcame a 17-0 deficit to take a 19-17 lead with 5:59 left in the game, but this was the dark days of the John L. era, and the Spartans promptly played dead through the remainder of the game).

I have a lot of preparation to do before heading out to the game, so I need to wrap this up. I expect to give a full report later.

Go Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment