Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stepping off the roller coaster ride

I suppose after almost a month of not posting in this blog, the dust has settled enough for me to get back to it and tie up some loose ends.

Despite MSU's loss in the Sweet Sixteen, I continued to watch most of the NCAA tournament.  In fact, I watched the two Final Four games from the LaQuinta Inn & Suites at 4414 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. about halfway between Chapel Hill and Durham (though technically in Durham), while on spring break with my wife and kids.  It seemed to me to be a fitting location to watch the penultimate games of the tournament.

To be quite honest, I'm rather enjoying the respite between the end of basketball season and the start of football season  in September.  Between MSU's dramatic football season and equally dramatic basketball season, I'm worn out and need a break.  From September through March, I felt like I was riding an MSU sports roller coaster, and it feels good to get off temporarily and relieve the dizziness.

I don't know how much I'll be posting between now and football season, but I hope that by the summer I'll have some time to post some of the treasures from my own personal Spartan attic.  I've got a few old musty pieces I've written in the past regarding MSU sports that might be fun to post in this blog. 

In the meantime, I'll be keeping close tabs on the upcoming NFL draft to see where some of our former Spartan players end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment