Sunday, March 4, 2012

Playing for an outright Big Ten title

As I usually do, I'm getting in a quick post before a Spartan game.  We're about 40 minutes away from the tip-off of the Michigan State/Ohio State basketball game.

Well, we got no help from Penn State today.  I hoped that the Nittany Lions would beat Michigan so there'd be no hope of them possibly sharing a title with MSU.  The Lions gave Michigan a game, but didn't have enough to come away with a win.

It's time for the Spartans to take care of business themselves.  I expect the MSU players to bring it today, and the Breslin Center crowd better do the same.

Looking back on the season, did any of us expect the Spartans to be in this position?  Watching them in some of their non-conference games, I thought they could contend--to finish in the top half of the conference.  I wasn't sure if they had enough to be playing for an outright conference championship on the last day of the season.  It's been a pleasantly surprising season.


No comments:

Post a Comment