Thursday, March 15, 2012

The most exciting two days in sports...

...begin today at 12:15 PM.  Nothing in sports tops the NCAA basketball tournament, particularly the first Thursday and Friday when 32 games are played in a 48-hour timeframe.  Non-stop drama sprinkled with upsets are the ingredients for the most enjoyable and exciting event in the sporting world. 

Every year, I wish that I had taken these days off work to watch the action, but I'll have to be content to follow the action on my Droid until I leave work at 3:30.

I hope to offer a little preview of MSU's first round opponent, Long Island University-Brooklyn.  It looks as if the Spartans drew easily the toughest of the 16 seeds.  From all I've read and heard, LIU is quick, athletic, and can score lots of points.  Plus, they were in the tournament last year (lost to North Carolina), so they will not be starstruck or scared.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment