Monday, December 19, 2011

Recovered from Wisconsin, looking forward to Georgia (and Big Ten basketball)

It's been over a week since I posted in here.  I hope that at least some people out there enjoyed my take on the Big Ten's best football players of 2011, but feel free to let me know why I'm out to lunch with any of my picks.  (Seeing as how Jerel Worthy was just named a first-team All-American, I'm having second thoughts about not giving him my coveted award as top defensive lineman).

I'm finally over the Spartans' loss to Wisconsin in the Big Ten football championship game, however it has taken several MSU basketball wins (particularly the Gonzaga victory), and the Detroit Lions improved performances of late to finally ease the pain.

I haven't posted in here because there hasn't been much to write about.  We are in that lull between the end of the football regular season and the bowl game and the beginning of the Big Ten hoops season.

I've been able to make it out to Breslin for a few Spartan basketball games and I like what I've seen so far.  Tonight I'll be going to see the Spartans take on the mighty Kangaroos of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.  I expect a huge blowout win for State, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment